As part of the registration process,
each player's parent / guardian must
sign and submit this waiver.
HOUNDS BASEBALL CLUB WAIVER & RELEASE OF LIABILITY
Note: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, THIS IS A LEGAL DOCUMENT THAT AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS. THIS FORM MUST BE READ AND SIGNED BEFORE THE PARTICIPANT IS PERMITTED TO TAKE PART IN ANY EVENT SESSION. BY SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTICIPANT AFFIRMS HAVING READ IT AND PARTICIPANT’S ARE IN AGREEMENT TO THE TERMS BELOW.
IN CONSIDERATION of being allowed to participate in any way in the Hounds Baseball Club and with its affiliates, WBRSPC & Functional Athlete, I, the undersigned, acknowledge, and agree freely and voluntarily that:
1. AS A RESULT OF MY PARTICIPATION, I RISK BODILY INJURY, INCLUDING BRUISES, SCRAPES, STRAINED, SPRAINED OR TORN MUSCLES, TENDONS OR LIGAMENTS, BROKEN BONES, DISLOCATION OF JOINTS, CONCUSSION, BRAIN DAMAGE/INJURY, PARALYSIS, DISMEMBERMENT, DISABILITY AND DEATH, AND while particular rules of the sport, skills, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, THE RISK OF SERIOUS INJURY DOES EXIST, AS WELL AS THE RISK OF DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY;
2. I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERS, and assume full responsibility for my participation;
3. I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe an
unusually significant hazard during my presence or participation or if I observe any concern in my readiness for participation, I will immediately bring such to the attention of the nearest official and remove myself from participation;
4. I, for myself, and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives, and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, FOREVER DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS and PROMISE NOT TO SUE THE HOUNDS BASEBALL CLUB, its parent and subsidiary and affiliated companies, and all of their owners, directors, officers, officials, volunteers, employees, agents, and/or other participants, sponsors, advertisers and, if applicable, the owners and lessors of premises used for the activity (“RELEASEES”), WITH REPECT TO ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGES, LOSS, INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, and/or LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PERSON OR PROPERTY OF ANY KIND OR NATURE THAT I MAY RESULT OF GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR WANTON MISCONDUCT, to the fullest extent permitted by law. I understand that I am releasing, excusing and discharging all RELEASEES from any liability or claim for personal injury, death or property damage that I might have against the RELEASEES; and
5. I also understand that neither THE HOUDS BASEBALL ORGANIZATION, nor any of the other RELEASEES provide, assume any responsibility for, or obligation to provide, insurance, financial assistance, including, but not limited to, health or disability insurance, for my recovery of losses, costs or damages in the event of injury, illness, death or property damage in any way connected to my participation. I understand that THE HOUNDS BASEBALL ORGANIZATION and the Releasees do not maintain health or disability insurance coverage for me and that I am expected and encouraged to maintain my own coverages. Furthermore, I release and forever discharge and hold harmless the Releasees from all liability, claims and damages arising from any first aid, treatment, or medical service rendered to me in connection with my participation.
6. I hereby give my full permission for the use of my name, picture, image, video, likeness, actions, voice, or other personally
identifiable information, in whole or in part, individually or in conjunction with other images, captured by any means as part of
my participation in activities in THE HOUNDS BASEBALL ORGANIZATION, and/or any other affiliated sponsored event. I waive all right of privacy or compensation, which I may have in connection with such use of my name, picture, image, video, likeness, actions, voice or other personally identifiable information. To be used by THE HOUNDS BASEBALL ORGANIZATION, and/or its affiliates and/or sponsors for promotional purposes in any media whatsoever.
I have read this Release of Liability and Waiver Agreement, fully understand and agree to its terms, understand that I have given up substantial rights by signing it, and sign it freely and voluntarily without any inducement or duress. I understand that this waiver will encompass ANY ACTVITY I take part in through/with The HOUNDS BASEBALL ORGANIZATION and it’s affiliates, WBRSPC & Functional Athlete, will be good for up to one year after the date signed/printed on this document.